Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 83 Sign of spring

magnolia
I have been nursing this magnolia tree/bush along for about 6 years now and it's only about 7 ft. tall.  I wish it would hurry up and grow.  The flowers are so beautiful, but only stay on it about a week.  I look forward to it each spring.  For some reason, it blooms so early that we usually have high winds that will blow off all of the flowers really fast.  I wish the sun would just stay with us for the summer.  Come August I'll be ready for it to go away.
EXIF info: f 2.8, 1/400 sec, ISO 100, 100mm, no flash
I'm pretty tired today and had to take ibuprofen for neck pain.  It's not too bad right now. 
I'm looking forward to hanging out with some of my YAS tomorrow night, when we go to dinner and a play.


3 comments:

  1. That really is amazing color on those blossoms. I'm looking forward to the play...you might say I'm all a buzzzzz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for our date night!!! Woohoo! Hope your neck feels better ASAP. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning! I hope you gals have a great time. Wish I could come with ya.

    ReplyDelete