Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 80/365 Must not be the lens...

IMG_8779
So, I was worried that my 70-300 mm lens wasn't working properly after the moon pictures on Saturday night, but I took them to the zoo yesterday and took it all the way to 300mm and it looks like it's doing just fine.  This cheetah picture is probably one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken, so I guess something else is going on with the moon pictures? 
This duck picture below is also with the 70-300 mm lens at about 155mm, so it works well in the middle too.
Go figure.
IMG_8721
I had an amazing time at the zoo.  The weather was beautiful, it was so great to get out of the house and just walk around and not be cold!  The animals were particularly playful because I went early in the morning.  The penguins were going crazy and splashed water all over!
As you can see, the tigers were not hiding in their dens, and were out sunning themselves also!
For the full set of pictures, you can check out my set on flickr.  I love comments and favorites ;)

IMG_8771



3 comments:

  1. These look National Geographic worthy to me. Love the cheetah the best, you can see so much detail...each whisker. We're going to the zoo next weekend...hope I can get those girls going early.
    xoxopaige

    ReplyDelete
  2. um...Hello? Nat geo and the zoo need to fire their photogs and hire you! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete