Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 69/365 Painful night

painful night



So you can tell that this picture isn't actually at night because of the window in the background, but this is me on a lot of nights- at first propped up on pillows with the bed raised, later holding my neck and head sitting up.  I'm not going to go on about it again- I just wanted to use this pic tonight because I thought the special effects in this picture were cool.  I took the picture a while back, but I hadn't had the chance to use it yet because I've had so much other stuff {like celebrities :) } to take pictures of.
To get this picture, I had to take 2 pics- one of me laying down, one of me sitting up.  I made two layers from the pictures, used the overlay button and reduced the opacity of the top layer (sitting up).  I put it in black and white by desaturating, going to duotones and playing with the color levels. I added a bit of noise to add some frustration and "night time" appearance.
I am still on a high from the successful concert 2 nights ago and today I got some really AMAZING news!  I have a photo shoot coming up Saturday and I am going to get PAID for it!!!! $$$$$  Woo hoo!  Pretty exciting stuff!  I'm also really nervous too.  When you're doing stuff for free for people, if something doesn't go right, it's kind of like, "oh well, you didn't pay for it", but if I'm getting money then it needs to be GOOOOOOD!   So- wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Great job. You can feel the "rough" night. You conveyed it well. Nicely done. Sorry you have those nights.

    Way to go on getting a paying gig! You're a talented and educated, down right awesome photographer and you will not only take good pictures, but fantastic ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two of you pic is so cool...I'm just sorry it was pain that inspired it. Don't worry about the pictures being gooood...they'll be great and worth every penny and more. You're really making it happen with the photography! I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics.
    PDog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiight den Pdog!
    Thanks girls for your support- always!
    I'm looking through what I've already done and trying to look for what I would change and ways to improve. I'll charge everything tomorrow and head out early in the morning Saturday!
    It would be pretty sweet if this turned into a money-earning hobby!
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S.....I don't think I've every stuck with something for 70 days before!

    ReplyDelete