Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 70/365 The Tivoli

tivoli

So tonight I went to the Tivoli to see También la Lluvia - Even the Rain- a film about a Spanish film crew going to Bolivia to make a film about Christopher Colombus and the exploitation of the Indians.  It turns out that there is STILL the exploitation of the Indians going on today as the "rich" are trying to take control of the water and sell it to the people.  The film within a film parallels the situation with Colombus and shows how nothing has really changed today- even the motivation "gold" is the same.
Anyway, I LOVE the Tivoli and the fact that it's not a megaplex with the "get you in and get you out" mentality.  I love that they show independent and foreign films, two of my favorite types of movies.  I love that it's in the Loop, which is one of my favorite areas.




tivoli2

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good movie. and you're right not much has changed.
    I'm glad you were able to enjoy some of your favorite things tonight. You deserve it.

    Nice job on the photos. I like the "lights coming on" and city life feel and also the person strolling down the side walk in the first one. In the second one, I like the composition, the lights and colors. It makes me feel like I'm about to walk in a see a great show.

    PS have fun tomorrow with your shoot. Can't wait to see your amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely evening for the things and places you love. Great pic. See you Sunday!
    PMB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm loving the dusk shot. This is SO clear, lady!

    ReplyDelete