Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 38/365 Burns All the Way Down

Since I'm on a fire kick I decided to try doing a "burning shot" picture.  This setup was a little different.  Instead of just one "whoosh" I wanted a slow burn that kept a flame going and instead of just blue I wanted a little orange-ish flame too.  So, I poured about 3 capfuls of alcohol into the glass and let it stay there instead of swooshing it around and coating the sides.  It burned for quite a while and I got this shot on the first try because I had time to adjust settings, etc. while it was burning.  Fun!
I can't seem to get enough of fire!
EXIF: f 2.8, 1.6 sec, ISO 100, no flash.

1 comment:

  1. You little firefly! I'm loving this theme. I like the colors and the simple composition. It really draws the eye to the flames. Did you have a congratulatory sip for getting it on the first shot?
    hey random idea- print this picture, then light it, and take another so you have a shot of a burning shot of the burning shot. he he okay sorry I'm a little sleepy/wierd today. :)

    ReplyDelete