Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14/365 The Eagle Has Landed





Tonight was a lot of fun.  I went to look for eagles with two of my best friends and we saw about 4-5 eagles, I fell down a hill, I got to eat a bread bowl filled with soup and I had some great conversation with my friends.
Not bad for a Friday night.
I was happy with the amount of eagles that we saw, but in order to get a larger, more close-up shot of the eagle I had to use my not-so-great-not-image-stabilized 70-300 lens.  It shows.  I'm not extremely thrilled with the shots that I got, but honestly I had so much fun that doesn't matter.
When I was actually getting pretty close to the eagle on the water, I somehow lost my footing,  took a tumble and landed on some rocks, rolled down a hill, and ended up with several bruises and a sore shoulder, ankle and wrist.  For some, that may have ruined the night, but it just sent me off into a bunch of laughter and I still can't stop.  Every once in a while I burst out just thinking about it.  The thing I was most concerned about was if I hurt my camera or lens somehow.  I took a few pictures after the "incident" and they seem to be working OK.  My flash was not flashing, but I'm hoping that is due to weak batteries and not some cracked part of the flash.  I'm charging the batteries and keeping my fingers crossed.
I have more pictures, but I haven't had time to go through all of them.  For the ones that I posted:
#1 EXIF info: Canon T2i, f9, 1/125 sec, ISO 200, 300mm, no flash
#2 EXIF info: Canon T2i, f9, 1/40 sec, ISO 200, 300mm, no flash
All that I would do differently this time is try not to fall...Of course I'd love a lens that could zoom right on up in the eagles' faces extremely clear, but I might try to rent a lens another day.

2 comments:

  1. SMH... the shoulder too? and the wrist? Lets hope ther are no cracked bones or flashes. Don't kill me when you see my post :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...bumps and bruises. I love that you're still laughing. I will have fond memories of this evening. Love you! Paige

    ReplyDelete