Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pics 170-175 Long overdue

This post is a little overdue...I feel like I've been asleep this entire week, because I have! 
It started on Tuesday with a very stressful day at the airport, almost missing the flight home and then being so wiped out that I couldn't stay awake the whole way home.  At the airport, I was getting the beginning of the illness that would wipe out the rest of my week, Wednesday I couldn't barely get out of bed at all {except to make bathroom trips}, Thursday I DIDN'T get out of bed at all except bathroom trips and a trip with my friend PB to the Muny {where I began to get very nauseated during the show and fell asleep in the car on the way home...sorry P!}, Friday found me a little better and although the stomach issues were a little better, I still took a 4 hour nap so that I could muster up enough energy to go to P's house and then I came home and slept again.  Saturday found me ok enough to try to eat a grilled cheese sandwich and make it to my nephew's party.  So, between Wednesday and today, Sunday, I've eaten a bowl of ramen noodles and a grilled cheese sandwich. 
I woke up this morning and felt a little hungry, so I've just tried some toast.  As of last night, the grilled cheese sandwich came out, um, let's say "quickly", so hopefully the toast won't be giving me troubles in a little while.
OK, enough about my woes.   I owe some pictures.  Here are numbers 170-175.  I'm still not finished editing 3 more cards, so I have a lot more work to do. 

Toucan Sam sitting above the canals in Tortuguero:
IMG_0736

A little cutie pie walking along in village of Tortuguero:
IMG_0756

One of the gigantoid grasshoppers we saw at Hotel Ilan Ilan:
IMG_0856 - Copy

Rainwater collecting to give the hotel water for showers {I'm pretty sure that's what we showered in...these were all over the hotel and the hot water wasn't too easy to find}
IMG_0857

I love these cows' ears! Aren't they awesome?
IMG_0931

Banana trees. The bags are on the bunches of bananas because anything that hits them will make them bruise- a leaf, a bug, etc and they aren't supposed to get "too wet" either.
IMG_0627

2 comments:

  1. Amazing pics and you had amazing stories the other day. I think the grasshopper is my favorite and how did you get those cows to line up like that? I REALLY hope you're fully recovered soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady! Glad to hear you're feeling a little bit better! And I am SUPER glad you're home!

    ReplyDelete