Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 154 Ines of My Soul

I've just finished my first book of the summer, Ines of my Soul by Isabel Allende.  I really love Allende's work and this book is no exception.  It tells the story of Ines Suarez, a woman who was Pedro Valdivia's mistress and they both founded Santiago, Chile.  Evidently, the story is based on fact and I learned a lot from this book.
I didn't really know a lot about Chile before except for I've seen breathtaking pictures and knew that I want to visit one day.  Now, thanks to this book, it seems really interesting and something that I have to add to the bucket list.  I really suggest you check it out- along with any of Allende's other work too.

ines

I am behind again on this blog.  It's not because of boredom or the fact that I don't have time to take pictures right now.  I have been sick.  This cold or flu is really kicking me in the butt.  I have days where I'm OK, but then yesterday, I went to one store and had to go back home and took a 3 hour nap because it exhausted me so much!  I hope that next week at this time I'm over this or Costa Rica is going to be really hard for me to get through. ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Another book for my reading list, sounds like a good one. Please take care of yourself and hurry to get better. I'll worry and worry while your in CR if you're sick when you go.

    ReplyDelete