Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pics 183,184,185,186,187 and 188 Things that keep me busy!

I thought once summer hit I'd have a LOT of time for this photo blog.  I thought, "Finally, some time to take pictures every day and just enjoy doing what I do!"  WRONG! 
I honestly don't know how I make it with a job.  I don't feel like I'm doing anything more in the summer than I would during the school year, yet I always feel busy. Like, really busy.  So, I should probably rename this blog "Catchin' up!"  because I've been behind in it all summer long. 
This week's theme is "Things that keep me busy" because I took pictures of what I've been up to.
1. Home maintenance.  I promised myself that this summer I would take care of a few items that have been bothering me in the house.  So, I cleaned out my closet thoroughly, I've rearranged some drawers and cleaned out others.  The biggest project that I've taken on has been to paint the kitchen trim, but that turned into painting the walls too, and now it's turned into painting other rooms and other trim...I do really like how the kitchen came out, but with my neck being so stupid, when I paint, I can only do so much and then my neck is stiff, so I have to let it work itself out.  I don't do too bad when I'm painting at eye level, but the second I try to look up and paint, uh oh.  Oh well.  Here's the kitchen, so that you can see the paint above the cabinets and then one that shows the difference in paint colors.  Look above the refrigerator and you'll see the difference in paint color:
kitchen2

kitchen1

2. Reading.  I LOVE TO READ!  I have whizzed through about 10 books so far this summer.  My latest is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  Richie had the first book on his floor and I picked it up to start reading it 2 days ago.  I finished that one the next day, started book two and finished it this morning and now I'm going to go grab book three as soon as I take a shower.  Wow. They're blowing me away!  I can't wait for the movies! 

hunger games

3. Swimming.  I've really enjoyed swimming a lot this summer.  Swimming to me is just mostly laying on a mat and floating around while listening to music and watching my kids actually swim.  Sometimes friends are involved, sometimes I actually get off the mat and play volleyball or other pool games with my kids.  Sometimes.



pool


4. Photography instruction.  Not that I've been shooting tons of pictures, but I've been reading a lot about it.  I'm especially proud that I finally bought myself a Fro Knows Photo I Shoot RAW tshirt.  It came with a free fro pick and some stickers too! I was SOOOOOO excited when I saw the package on the counter.  I can't wait to go out and shoot and wear my t-shirt that represents my new photographic hero, Jared Polin of froknowsphoto.com.  Check out his site- you'll learn a ton and be very entertained.  I adore the videos of his grandmother, Lil.  Check those out.

shoot raw


5. Enjoying the smaller things.  These are some of my daylilies.  Daylilies are my favorite flower.  Joel got me hooked on them like 10 years ago and I haven't regretted it.  Once you plant them, they just keep coming back and they're gorgeous.  They're all around my house from bulbs that either he gave me or from a daylily show that we went to about 5 years ago.  In addition to the daylilies, I'm trying to keep my eye out for beauty wherever I can find it.  Since starting to take pictures, I notice things better than I ever did before.  There are so many beautiful pictures everywhere you look. 

daylillies

1 comment:

  1. You have been very busy! I can't believe you've read that many books and done everything else too! I wonder every summer how I handle work and stuff like dentist appts. Great to see you the other day. Thanks for having us out.

    ReplyDelete