Thursday, November 10, 2011

213 Photo shoot

IMG_5155
A bit behind in the editing department.  I keep taking a lot of pics lately, so I need to stop doing that and just edit a little.
This is Miles-  I shot this on an overcast day with my 50mm 1.8 lens...I LOVE that lens!  Very crisp!
I'm pretty sure the aperture I used on these pics was about 2.8 or 3.5 because when taking pics of a kid, it's really hard to get them to sit still long enough to get the focus just right when using 1.8, so I up it a little.  I think the blur in the back is still enough for this to be a pleasing picture.
I'm also very happy that I shoot in RAW.  RAW really lets you have a lot of control over the exposure and different settings on the pic that usually JPEG decides for you.  Here, I wanted to up the shutter speed, but because it was rather overcast, that made the pic darker. I adjusted the exposure and the pic came out nice and bright.  Also, in photoshop cs5, in the raw edit screen, I added a gradient filter on the sky so that when I adjusted the exposure, it didn't blow out the sky and make it white, but kept it blue.  I LOVE CS5 and RAW!!!

2 comments:

  1. He's cute and actually looking at the camera. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep- he did look at me for those 5 seconds...luckily I was already in focus! :)

    ReplyDelete